Dev Stream, February 4th, 2016

Today's dev stream is going to be pushed back a little, and will be tomorrow. Gavan was at the ER all night, so he's going to use today to catch up on some sleep. Everything's okay though. :)

Comments

• Take your time and get well soon! Hope everything's good. Personal/health matters should always come first.
  • Gavan may need a little more time to recover, and he says there isn't anything much to show as of yet - at least that's visible in a Twitch-friendly format. We'll stream next week on February 11th.
  • Ok! Super excited even for anything you want to show!
  • I'm not going to lie, it has been a long time. What should we expect for this week?
  • edited June 2016
    @Moberg Have a look at the first two posts at the main VoxelQuest website (can't link it for some reason, it gets saved as a comment reference). Gavan is going to be working on VQ on the side for the time being, and as far as I know won't be having regularly-scheduled weekly streams.
  • edited June 2016
    Yes, it has - I think I should put out another update, but the gist is that I have been wrapped up in the job hunt and a small contract job right now just to pay my bills. I still have not yet found a job, but I have a few offers that seem promising on the horizon.

My weekly calls and occasional streams have stopped because there is very little going on with VQ at the moment - my top priority is finding a job, and many jobs have required me to go back and study stuff I have forgotten or new material.

As for the Patreon, I have decided not to touch the money until I know what my future job is, and what that means for VQ. I applied to some companies that do not allow side projects - and thankfully I failed those interviews. :)

I have also been in the middle of discussing deals that would allow me to go fulltime on VQ. One such deal did not pan out unfortunately, because the salary they would pay did not meet the minimum amount I need to survive (by a fairly wide margin).

I will probably issue the next update once I figure out what my job is, and figure out to go from there. Until then, feel free to ping me here or on twitter (I can also be reached at gavanw at gmail).

And as usual, I wish this were not the state of things but it was largely my fault that it got to this point. Still, I want to see what I can make happen in the future.

As noted, first read the first two blog entries on voxelquest.com if you have not already.

P.S. as soon as I can assume that there are no partnership opportunities, and with the blessing of my investors, I will release all iterations of the engine and its source code (ideally under a liberal license but I will have to see what implications that holds for everyone).

• Ok! I did miss the two posts, sorry but I'm all caught up now. No need to refund me, either. I was looking for a job not long ago. You'll find one that's a good fit!
  • Moberg said:

Ok! I did miss the two posts, sorry but I'm all caught up now. No need to refund me, either. I was looking for a job not long ago. You'll find one that's a good fit!

Thanks! Its actually been quite hard to find anything, due to the ever-present "technical interview" which I tend to not be good at. Still have a few promising offers though. :)