VQ OST

edited November 2014 in Music and Sound
I've listened to both pieces, and I understand Gavan wrote them himself, yes? Portions of it are very good, but other portions aren't quite so much... there are places where the chords don't work, and the notes clash sharply with one another... just as an example.

I have some background in music (here's two midi pieces)... I'd need to find better software than what I've been using, but it's possible I could help polish up his pieces a bit... given Gavan didn't mind. And that I had time. :P But I'm no Mozart by any means...

Ideally, we'd have funds to hire somebody who could make some music professionally... but that would be in a perfect world. I expect fans will probably come up with some of their own music, but, the vanilla music ought to be epic too. :)

(I'm also very worried I'll offend someone with this. Music is by no means anywhere near the top of the priority scale; I just figured it might be a good idea to mention it sooner rather than putting it off until later.)

Comments

• Talvieno said:

I've listened to both pieces, and I understand Gavan wrote them himself, yes? Portions of it are very good, but other portions aren't quite so much... there are places where the chords don't work, and the notes clash sharply with one another... just as an example.

I have some background in music (here's two midi pieces)... I'd need to find better software than what I've been using, but it's possible I could help polish up his pieces a bit... given Gavan didn't mind. And that I had time. :P But I'm no Mozart by any means...

Ideally, we'd have funds to hire somebody who could make some music professionally... but that would be in a perfect world. I expect fans will probably come up with some of their own music, but, the vanilla music ought to be epic too. :)

(I'm also very worried I'll offend someone with this. Music is by no means anywhere near the top of the priority scale; I just figured it might be a good idea to mention it sooner rather than putting it off until later.)

I've gotten 50+ offers to make music, many for free, and some quite talented. So don't feel obligated to do anything, plenty of helping hands available. Among others, Gabe Castro, who scored the Forest and one of the Resident Evil movies offered, as well as one of the music engineers behind Spider Man 3, in addition to many others. I'd like to keep this thread just to post all the submissions in though so you guys can evaluate what you like/dislike.