Curious about a few things - File Loaders and Modding

edited August 2015 in Modding and Coding
Hey Everyone,

I am a former kickstarter backer for VQ that had to back out at the last minute. I really regret that I did and for that I want to say sorry if I hurt the KS campaign in anyway.

Any way - I have two suggestions for voxel quest that I would like to see Implemented into the engine to allow us designers to make content for Voxel Quest easier.

1. Support for the Qubicle Binary file format
2. Support for .Vox file format

I personally use Qubicle 2 Home edition for my Voxel modeling and it can export to both of these formats.

What this would allow artists to put items, buildings and other things into the engine and have more control over creation of the game world. :)

My 2 cents,

HeadClot

Comments

• This is doable, I was toying with the idea anyhow. Not sure when it will make it in, but a few voxel artists have offered their services so having the ability to import would obviously be useful in this regard.
  • gavanw said:

This is doable, I was toying with the idea anyhow. Not sure when it will make it in, but a few voxel artists have offered their services so having the ability to import would obviously be useful in this regard.

Hey @gavanw thanks for the reply.

I am glad that this is on your radar and again thank you for the reply.

- HeadClot