Comments

• Looks pretty sweet! For comparison with the first method of rendering, do you have any screenshots of the current revision in isometric mode?
  • Looks pretty sweet! For comparison with the first method of rendering, do you have any screenshots of the current revision in isometric mode?

Not yet, but if when I do I will post some shots.
  • Good work so far! Keep it up! Always love seeing the updates pop up in my email and even then, I still swing by to rewatch some videos. A lot of the information goes way over my head, but it is fun to watch the videos and see you messing around and demonstrating the engine for everyone.
  • I love the ripple effect on the terrain. It brings to mind certain scenes from The Matrix...
  • Thanks guys! Things picked up quite a bit - as some of you may have noticed, we were featured on HN again (for the fifth time!), and are now up to 550+ Youtube subscribers and 3000+ Twitter followers. Also we now have $51/month coming in from patronage (one person has yet to add their name to the credits), which obviously isn't a huge amount but it really does help cover expenses (like paying for these forums to be hosted). We have also received just over $2000 worth of preorders to date, which also helps a lot. I have also successfully deployed VQ on a secondary machine today and am writing code for multiplayer right now. :)
  • Looks super close to being a playable game. Some basic networking and content and you've got yourself CTF :) And I'm sure I've said it before, but your programming abilities and speed never ceases to amaze me, and everything you brush aside as "pretty basic" goes right over my head. Keep it up!
  • That was niiice. I liked Cepero's posts for the same reason, he gave many technical details and explanations regarding the inner workings of the engine and the tricks he used to get what he wanted. I have to reread them a couple times since I don't have specific knowledge in the field, but it's super interesting stuff anyway.
    (As for the optical deformation effect of the bomb shockwave, I suggest watching news reports of night bombings in middle east. Sad but true, you can sometimes see the mortar blast, they can be a useful reference.)

I see the guys over at HackerNews are pretty enthusiastic about the project, they sounded genuinely interested and suggested many useful ideas and references. That's very positive, I hope they can help you, too. :sunglasses: